Gyeongnam Ramsar Environmental Foundation
- Gyeongnam Ramsar Environmental Foundation was established in 2008 under an Ordinance of Gyeongnam Provincial
- Government in order to protect the wetlands and to increase public awareness on the importance of environment.
- The “Ramsar” in the name of the Foundation came from the Ramsar Convention on wetlands. The Convention was
- adopted in the Iranian city of Ramsar in 1971 to protect waterfowls that migrate beyond the borders and wetlands all around the world.
- Since the Ramsar COP10 held in Changwon, Gyeongnam, Republic of Korea in 2008, the Foundation has been leading wetland conservation in Gyeongnam Province under the spirit of the Ramsar Convention.
- The Foundation is being funded by the Gyeongnam Provincial Government and three private companies, which are Gyeongnam Bank, Gyeongnam Nonghyup (National Agricultural Cooperative Federation), and STX Shipbuilding Group.
- The Foundation is a legally registered organization to the Korean Tax Authority for donations. Your donation will make a difference in our precious environment.
- Research projects on wetlands in Gyeongnam Province
- Education and Public Awareness programs on wetlands
- National and International Wetland Network support program
Organization and contacts
|Administration Team||Mr. sam-woo nam|
|Ms. Soo-Jung Choi|
|Project Management Team||Mr. Gyeong-Geun Ha|
|Environment Education Team||Ms. Yeo-Ul Kim|
- Postal Address : 424, Sejin-ri, Yueo-myeon, Changnyeong-gun, Gyeongsangnam-do, Republic of Korea
- Telephone : 82-55-533-9562
- Fax : 82-55-533-9567